West Midlands Forced Marriage & Honour Based Abuse Consortium
Forced Marriage & Honour Based Abuse Helpline Worker
FIXED TERM CONTRACT FROM 1ST AUGUST 2019 TO 31ST JULY 2020
HOURS: 16 PER WEEK
Charity Number: 509368
Salary: £20,000 Pro Rata (post funded by Police & Crime Commissioner)
Roshni offers a range of accommodation and community based support services to Black Asian Minority Ethnic communities affected by domestic abuse including Forced Marriage & Honour Based Abuse. Applicants must have a commitment to equality and value diversity.
We are seeking to recruit a Helpline Worker to join our growing team that supports vulnerable children and adults that are at risk of honour-based abuse and forced marriages. Your role will be a first response Call Handler to all survivors, victims and professionals through the West Midlands Forced Marriage & Honour Based Abuse Helpline.You will be supporting male and female victim and survivors honour based abuse, forced marriage and domestic abuse from the age of 13.
The post holder is required to work as part of a team covering a 24 hour, 7 days a week helpline on a rota system, 9am to 5pm office based and on call at all other times.
This post is based in Birmingham but you can be required to travel across the West Midlands to support with effective delivery of the service and to attend meetings
Summary of duties:
- shall support callers in identifying all the options available to them. Call Handlers must not tell victims and survivors what they “should do”, but inspire victims and survivors to make empowered decisions for themselves. Call handlers shall maintain high standards of conduct through a focus on empowerment and non-judgement.
- shall provide support to all service users in a professional manner with calmness, sensitivity, empathy and through non-judgement.
- will provide the “victims voice” through advocacy with professional agencies.
- will support victims and survivors to manage and minimise risk posed to them and increase access to safety. This will include working with professional agencies to achieve this.
- is expected to record demographic data and information on all calls including (but not limited to):
- Age, gender, location
- Callers needs and options discussed, including options given but not pursued
- How the caller found out about Roshni services and West Midlands Forced Marriage & Honour Based Abuse Consortium.
To work collectively as part of a partnership team between Roshni, Panahghar and S.W.A.N. and participate in the collation of data, monitoring, promotion and awareness raising of the helpline and ensure an efficient and effective service delivery.
You must be well organised and have a professional and flexible approach to your work along with a calm and reassuring manner. It is essential that you have worked with victim and survivors of Forced Marriage & Honour Based Abuse in a specialist, social care or similar setting. Relevant qualifications such as IDVA or Freedom Programme Facilitator would be an advantage.
If you are passionate about working with victims and survivors of Forced Marriage & Honour Based Abuse, then we would really like to hear from you.
The post holder must hold a valid UK licence and have access to a car for work purposes.
To request an application, email email@example.com.
Applications deadline: 10th July 2019
Interviews will be held on 18th July 2019
Please note: Applicants who have not received a response to their application within 4 weeks of the closing date should assume their application has not been successful on this occasion.
All posts are subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS Checks.
Roshni is an equal opportunities employer.